Today, we announce the additional cancellations of our concerts and events through Saturday, May 9, 2020:
- March 20 & 21 – Masterworks Concert with Robert DiLutis
- April 6 & 16 – Symphony Study with Dr. Rachel Franklin
- April 26 – Chamber Music Series: Woodwind Quintet
- May 1 & 2 – Masterworks Concert with Awadagin Pratt
- May 6 & 7 – Concerts for Schoolchildren
- May 9 – The Life & Times of Beethoven
On March 15, the Centers for Disease and Control (CDC) announced new measures to help contain the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. Among them, was new guidance restricting all gatherings greater than 50 people for eight weeks. We take their guidance, and the health of our community, seriously.
While the world is beginning to feel the effects of the coronavirus, for our musicians the pain is especially acute. Widespread cancellations pose a significant threat to their livelihood. Knowing that their livelihood is at risk, the Symphony’s Board has created the Annapolis Symphony Orchestra Musician fund. Our goal is to reduce their financial strain to the greatest extent possible.
If you are a ticket holder to any of the above-listed concerts, please email email@example.com to either:
- OPTION 1 – Donate the cost of your ticket(s) to the Musician Fund and receive a tax receipt in the mail
- OPTION 2 – Request a full refund for your ticket(s)
If you have tickets to one or more of the events listed above, please list them all in your email. Regardless of which approach you take, we look forward to working with you to handle your unused ticket in the way that works best for you.
We look forward to seeing you back at Maryland Hall when this crisis is over. You are the reason we make music and we look forward to bringing live performances to you in the near future. In the meantime, be safe.
Maryland Hall and the Symphony Box Office will be closed through April 24, 2020. If you need to contact someone at the Symphony, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to monitor emails. However, Symphony staff are not able to check phone messages remotely.
We encourage you to keep an eye on our website and social media channels for the most up-to-date information regarding performances and events.